There are different types of accessories for safety helmets, including ear protection, eye protection, chin straps, and helmet liners.
Ear protection and eye protection
- Applied as a complement to the helmet through adapters that are mounted in the slots of the helmet.
- The user manual for each ear and eye protector specifies which helmet brands they have been tested with.
- Helmets with chin straps should always be used in the construction sector.
- The chin strap's locking mechanism should release at a tensile force of 15-25 kg for a helmet certified according to EN397.
- The chin strap's locking mechanism should release at a tensile force of 50 kg for a helmet certified according to EN12492.
- When working in cold environments, a helmet liner can help keep the head warm.
- The helmet liner also protects the neck and throat.